Here at TBM, we are huge coffee drinkers. Early morning? Coffee. School run? Coffee. Making big decisions? Coffee. You get the idea – coffee is TBM’s answer to most questions and I really do believe that if you ran tests on Victoria it would probably come back that she is made up of around 95% coffee (the other 5% is probably gin). Because of this, you could say we have some kind of aptitude for finding the best cafes in the area. We thought we’d share them with you in this week’s blog so you can go and check them out too.
First up, is The Old Fire Station Café and Bar, situated right in the heart of Malpas and only down the road from HQ. With its cosy atmosphere and welcoming staff, you will often find Team Beautiful members sat enjoying a good cup of coffee (and probably a slice of cake, too – their brownies are amazing). A great venue for lunch, The Old Fire Station is now open a few evenings in the week too, hosting a quiz night on a Wednesday. One thing we love about the cafe, is that they serve Lost Barn Coffee – their roastery is local to TBM HQ and their coffee is delicious.
Based just outside Whitchurch, Alderford Lake Café is a large, independently owned café that boasts an extensive menu for if you like your coffee to be accompanied by a little more than a slice of cake (though cake is very much on offer too.) Situated beside a lake, Alderford is a fantastic destination for anyone who likes to enjoy a quick walk before settling down for a drink. They even allow dogs inside the café, so there’s no need to leave the pooches at home if you fancy going along for a little caffeine fix. And if you’re feeling a little crazy, their lake is open for wild swimming all year round, but in this weather, I think I’ll just stick to a nice hot cup of coffee…
Based in Whitchurch town centre, Jones Coffee House makes you feel as home the moment you enter – cosy, warm and inviting, they offer a fantastic selection of cakes and freshly made food. I love their caramel shortbread, it’s a great addition to any coffee. The building is quirky and inviting and I very much enjoy sitting in their window seats and watching the world go by.
So that’s TBM’s favourite local coffee houses; we are lucky to live in an area where we are surrounded by so many fantastic brunch and coffee destinations. Where is your favourite? Do get in touch and let us know, we are always on the look out for new places to visit!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.